Make sure all your study and hard work is safe at all times. Provided by Livedrive, our file backup service has been designed to provide you with an easy and secure way of backing up files, documents, pictures, music and emails without the need for extra hardware such as external hard drives or memory sticks which can be lost, stolen or malfunction.
For just £10 for a full year, you will be able to ensure that all your coursework or photographs are automatically backed up every time you connect to the internet, with unlimited storage space.
We even keep copies of deleted files for 30 days, so if you accidentally delete that important piece of coursework that you've been working so hard on for the last week, you can easily restore it from the Cloud!
How do I get it?
Installing the software
- When you purchase the service you will receive a confirmation email containing a username, password and link to an online account.
- Click the link and log in then access Account Settings.
- Here you can download two software applications: the first is used to backup files and folders, and the second to browse and retrieve files and folders.
- These applications are called Software Download and Restore Client.
- You can back up any files stored locally on your computer.
- Simply right click a file > click Livedrive > then Backup with Livedrive Backup.
- This file will be backed up to your online storage and a log created in your online account.
- You can check this either by logging in to the online account and looking in the File Backup section or accessing the Livedrive Restore software.
- To retrieve files open the Livedrive Restore application (Restore Client).
- Log in with the same details given to you in the confirmation email.
- Here, you should be able to see the files and/or folders you have backed up previously.
- To restore a file or folder click to highlight it and click restore.
- You will be given the option to restore to the same place on your local machine or an alternative location.
If you have any further questions please feel free to get in touch. You can either using the form below, or see here for alternative methods. If possible, have either your Username or Account ID ready when you contact us.