Accessibility and Vulnerability
Keeping you connected to 999 Emergency Services
Over the past few years, it has become more common for phone calls to be carried over broadband internet. In general, these internet-based voice services need mains power to operate, which means that in the event of a power cut, calls to emergency services will not work.
As a result, we at Glide have put in place a landline backup solution so that vulnerable customers can contact the emergency services should they need to, in the case of a power outage.
Do you rely on your landline?
Some individuals are depend on their landline. If they are in a vulnerable situation without a landline, we will provide a landline backup solution free of charge.
To understand whether your business is eligible to receive this benefit free of charge, here are some examples of users who would qualify:
- A person registered on the priority Fault Repair Service;
- A person who requests their bills and contracts in alternative formats, such as in large print or Braille;
- Individuals who engage with a third-party bill management company;
- A person who gets free directory enquiries;
- Those who have no other means of making calls to emergency services, e.g., people without mobile phones;
- Individuals who have been identified within the scope of the Chronically Sick and Disabled Persons Act 1970; and
- People who identify as having a disability or accessibility requirement that would indicate they are more reliant on their landline.
If you would like support for vulnerable employees in the case of a power outage, we can provide you with a landline backup solution that will allow you to make emergency calls in this situation.
What you need to do
If you want to discuss this with us further, or if you want us to go ahead and provide you with a landline backup solution, please contact us to discuss further.
Contact our Customers Service team for questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0345 591 1311